MyMathLab is an on-line educational program. An internet connection is required. Most browsers are supported including Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. MyMathLab uses tutorial learning aids such as step-by-step examples, animations, and videos to help you learn the course material. We will also be using MyMathLab to do homework and some of your tests.
MyMathLab has its own registration process apart from Ventura College. It is advised that you register into MyMathLab now! You can do it for free. If you do not register into MyMathLab by the end of the first week, you may be dropped.
To register into MyMathLab complete the following steps.
- Navigate to pearsonmylab.com and click the green box to register as a student. On the next page click the green box to register now.
- On the next page you will need to enter the course ID. You can find the course ID near the top of your course info (syllabus) page in red.
- On the next page, you will be asked to sign into your Pearson Account or create a new Pearson account. Most of you will not have existing accounts, so you will be creating new ones. If you already have an account, sign in and skip to step 5.
- On the next page you will be asked to enter important contact and other information. Please follow the instructions below when filling out the form on this page.
- Use your Ventura College email address. It ends in “@vcccd.edu”. Do not use a different email address.
- Use your email address as your username. Do not use anything else.
- Choose a password and write it down in a safe place. Do this now.
- Use your first and last name as it is stated on your Ventura College registration. Do not use anything else. If your name has changed and has not been officially changed at the college, do not use it. Use what we currently have on file. If not, you may be dropped.
- Choose a security question and write down your answer somewhere. Do this now.
- On the next page you will be asked to complete registration using one of the following three methods.
- Use and Access Code – You can purchase the code by itself at the VC bookstore. It will come inside a cardboard folder. Inside you will find the 24 digit alpha numeric code. If you decide to purchase the textbook bundle from VC bookstore, the access code will be included in the bundle. The textbook is not required for this class but it is recommended. There is an online version version of the text in MyMathLab.
- Use a Credit Card or Paypal – If you plan on purchasing the code by itself, this is cheaper than purchasing at the bookstore.
- Get Temporary Access Without Payment for 14 Days – If you aren’t ready to register using one of the above methods, then you MUST sign up using this free temporary access. If this is not done during the first week, you may be dropped. I recommend everyone sing up using this method. It’s free and will give you a chance to try out the course before committing to it during the second week.
- You are now ready to begin using MyMathLab. Navigate to pearsonmylab.com and sign in.
If you run into difficulty trying to complete the steps above, please see the support website here. If you need to personal help the site has access to live 24/7 chat, email and phone support. The phone number is 1.800.677.6337.